Haibike has more than 80 different e-bike models in its range. The AllMtn family consists of Bosch-powered XDURO and Yamaha-powered SDURO bikes on essentially the same chassis.
- Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 HPA Race 500 e-MTB review
- Focus JAM2 Factory review
There are differences between Yamaha and Bosch bikes when it comes to the battery mount (on the SDURO, it swings in sideways rather than dropping in vertically) and motor (it’s slightly lighter), but the ‘battery on the down tube’ layout is similar.
The shock drives back and down through the seat tube. But Haibike uses a chainstay (not seatstay) pivot to create a true four-bar linkage, and the SDURO has 150mm of travel and space for a 2.8-inch plus tyre. Standover height is very tall though, and the dropper post routing is external.
While the Yamaha and Bosch motors are more closely matched to each other than to the Shimano and Brose units in terms of feel and noise, there are some differences. Bosch torque tops out at 75nm, whereas the Yamaha is 70nm in the four lower modes but stretches to 80nm in the top setting.
The max cadence of 120rpm only applies in that mode though. Yamaha’s integrated stem display is small and hard to see, particularly in bright sun, and one of its two buttons controls a headlight that the SDURO doesn’t have.
Twin-ring FSA cranks (44/32t) are paired with a 10-speed SunRace block (11-40t). A 200mm front rotor helps the four-pot Magura brakes get rid of speed easily, even if the lever feel is spongy. Fox’s e-specific 34 fork shines and the shock is okay. The 40mm rims work well to support the premium Schwalbe tyres but the wheels are heavy. A 750mm bar and 55mm stem give fast reactions and decent leverage to control them.
Haibike SDURO AllMtn 7.0 ride impressions
Haibike SDURO AllMtn 7.0 specifications
- Frame: Hydroformed 6061 aluminium, 150mm (5.9in) travel
- Motor: 250W Yamaha PW-X w/ 500Wh battery and stem display
- Fork: Fox 34 Float Performance GRIP, 150mm (5.9in) travel
- Shock: Fox Float Performance EVOL DPS
- Drivetrain: Shimano Deore/SLX/Deore XT w/ Haibike PW cranks and SunRace CSMS2 cassette (2×10)
- Wheelset: Rodi TR40 rims on XLC Evo Boost hubs
- Tyres: Schwalbe Nobby Nic Evo SnakeSkin 27.5×2.8in
- Brakes: Magura MT5/MT4, 200/180mm rotors
- Bar: Haibike TheBar, 750mm
- Stem: Haibike TheStem, 55mm
- Seatpost: XLC AllMtn dropper
- Saddle: Selle Royal Voga
- Weight: 23.62kg (52.07lb)
You can read more at BikeRadar.com